A Quick Breakfast...................


Continuously after Idli, dosas I decided our stomach badly needs something very light. Even though it had to be light it had to be tasty as well as easy. What shall I do? I asked my husband, kasane kari(do anything) he told. Then I just looked in and found vermicelli & found vermicelli & both of us love par boiled veggies, so I decided to do “Veg Vermicelli”. It tastes really good and is healthy too as I add more veggies.

Here is what’s needed:
2 cups Vermicelli
1/4th cup corn kernels
6-7 French beans
Cauliflower- 10 florets
1 onion
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves
2 Green chilies
For seasoning:
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4th tsp urad dal
1/2tsp mustard seeds
2.5 tsp oil

Method:

Boil 2 cups of vermicelli in 3 cups of boiling water.
Add 1tsp oil in boiling vermicelli so that it doesn’t get stuck.
Drain vermicelli & keep aside.
In a pan add 1tsp oil finely chopped onions and fry them for a minute or two ( do not boil for long because it tastes good when not boiled completely)
Then add salt & mix well.
At last add vermicelli & mix.
Add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well
A last for seasoning add ½ tsp oil, when heated add urad dal, mustard seeds & cumin seeds.
once the seeds splatter season them on the vermicelli & mix up.
I don’t like garlic during breakfast so I didn’t add them. We can add if prefferd.

Comments