Mango Murrabba


Long time I have posted something here So i thought i will post one of my favorite dish and Say a Big Hello to you all!!!!
Its Raining Mangoes everywhere!!!. I no we love the King of fruits!!! At home Mango(raw or ripe)s r never out of stock…. Say until the season ends….
And when it comes to raw mangoes I love them just vth salt n red chilli powder or murabba or daal or Pickles they r just yum…..
Photobucket


1 kg - raw mangoes, peeled
1&1/2 kg - sugar
1 tsp - green cardamom seeds, crushed
1 tsp - saffron (kesar), crushed

Method


Halve the mangoes, remove seeds and grate them well.
Place the grated mango in a pan, add two cups of water and cover and cook on low heat for ten to fifteen minutes or till water has reduced to half the quantity. Set aside.
Heat sugar with six cups of water in a thick-bottomed pan (a non stick pan works good) and prepare sugar syrup( one string consistency).
Add the cooked mango along with the sugar syrup and stir.
Add crushed green cardamom seeds and saffron and continue to cook, uncovered, on low heat till the mixture is thick and translucent.
Now sugar syrup should turn around two-string consistency.
 Cool and store in airtight container.

Photobucket

Tastes Yum Yum Face Eating Yellow Smiley Decoration Images when u add lozza loveYellow Smiley Face In Love Decoration Images in it.



Tastes yummy with Chapathi, roti or even bread!!
I can eat it justr like that J
 

Comments

Tina said…
Its new to me..Sounds delicious...
Sushma Mallya said…
Can you pass me some...looks so divine:)
miss your yummy posts..welcome back Aps..
tangy & irresistable murrabba.:)

Tasty Appetite
Rachana said…
Looks so tempting!!!
Anonymous said…
I found your blog link in this website on the lefthand sidebar http://thelankan3000.webnode.com/faq-/
I don't know whether the concerned person has got your permission to link your blog in his website. Anyway I thought this should be brought to your notice.