Crunchy Plantain Chips



As promised to be regular in blogging I m here with another Crispy recipe!
My Little one Loves crunchy snacks…. I avoid outside food and even packet crunchies to give her, so I make this one for her as its not bad for health. And this one too. And this one also.She totally loves them! And anything homemade is always healthy than buying them.
So I thought y not try something new this time. So I got my hands on these Chips.
As it was the first time I was trying this chips I was a kind of worried but Boy! It turned really Crisp and great. And my Girl and Boy(hubby ;)) both loved it!
My Little Model Just Picked one while i was Busy Clicking! 
This shows all.
Ok lets get decked up!
Here is what we need:
  • 2 green plantains (the one we use to make curry)
  • Oil for frying
  • Salt
  • Chilly powder – ½ tsp ( u can use more I have used less as my Little M will also be eating this)
Preparation:
  1. Heat the oil.
  2. While the oil is heating up, peel the green plantains.
  3. In a 1/4th cup water dilute salt and chilly powder .
  4. Slice the banana in hot oil itself ( U can slice them prior but make sure u soak them in a little salt water and pat dry before frying)
  5. Fry the slices in the hot oil for 3 minutes. They should be a light golden color and semi-soft.
  6. Now Add Salt and chilly water in it (be careful at this step as it bubbles a lot)
  7. Once the sizzling stops remove the plantain chips (they will turn crunchy and Yum).

Tip: Maintain the oil’s temperature.
Serves: 3-4 people.

 Add lozza love and make it more Yummy!




Bye till my next post,



Comments

Torviewtoronto said…
a favourite in our home looks wonderful