Zaffrani Pulav


Hello Reader! 
 Todays recipe is pretty simple which need minimal ingredients. I got this recipe from one of my FB friends Sandhya. Thank U Sandy it tasted Wow!!!!! 
 To accompany with this I have prepared Aloo Mutter Masala which I have adapted from Divya’s recipe Here. She has used Paneer and me Aloo(potato).
 Without much a do today I will post zaffrani pulav, (Zaffrani pulav gets me back to the movie Cheeni Kum)will post AMM some other day as I dint have time to click it separately and by the time we had our lunch there was hardly any curry left: P
Ingredients:
1 cup basmati rice ( I have used our normal rice as i was short with basmati)
1 cup water
Jaggery or Sugar acc to taste
3/4th cup milk
10-12 cashews, cut and roasted in ghee
2-3 whole cardamom
1 cloves
1/2” cinnamon
2 almonds, blanched and cut
1/2 tsp saffron strands, soaked in ¼ cup hot milk( use the mislk which we will later use for pulav)
2 tbsp Ghee




How to make zaffrani pulav:

Wash and soaking rice for 30 minutes.
Heat ghee in a deep heavy dish and into it add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and let it splatter.
Now add in the soaked and drained rice and mix well.
Add water and cook covered till rice is half done.
Add in the milk (along with the saffron milk) now and cook for some more time. Now you can mix in sugar and dry fruits.
Cover the pan now and cook till rice is done nicely and make sure that each grain of rice should be separate.
Garnish with roasted dry fruits and serve hot with accompaniment of your choice


Note:
If Doing it by pressure cooker method use 1.1/4th cup water or 1 cup milk according to ur taste
With A Saffron Post its time to say Bubye,



Comments