Experimental Rasam - Turned to be Yumm!!



When Watermelons are not so sweet what do u do? Make juice out of it? Make fruit chat? I too used to do the same until this came into my mind…. Rasam.. yes watermelon rasam…
I had a piece of watermelon lying in the fridge which was not so sweet to relish.. i was wondering what to make with it… juice or chat? But then I had finished of with both just 2 days back so this is what came to my Cooking mind…. How about rasam I thought… If it tastes yum I will post it in my blog orelse we will just manage it silently is what my blogger mind thought.
But to my luck it was not only yummy but my Hubby did not even come to know that there were no tomatoes in the rasam…. And he enjoyed it just like he does for other kind of rasams.

So here is the recipe for you guys too.. If bored with regular rasam then try this!

Makes: Around 2 Cup of Watermelon Rasam.
Ingredients:
Seedless Watermelon 1 cup (use it for rasam only if it is not too sweet)
Tamarind Extract 1/2 tsp
Rasam Powder – 2 tsp
Green Chilly 1
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 5
Oil/ghee -1/4th tsp

Method of preparation:
Remove stem, wash and slice the green chili.
Chop  watermelon and keep aside.
Grind watermelon into juice using a blender.
Heat a sauce pot on low heat.
Add oil and when oil is hot add mustard seeds.
When mustard seeds start to splutter, pour in the watermelon juice, tamarind extract, cumin powder, red chili powder and salt.
Stir and add chopped watermelon.
Serve watermelon rasam with steamed rice.



Notes: Make sure watermelon is not very sweet.

Till Later Then,




Comments

what an experimental recipe. lovely click.