Sada Dosa/Plain Dosa


I was just checking my posts and noticed that I had only 3 dosa recipes one is PanPolo/Neer Dosa(avery old post), Udid Rulava Polo (which had got deleted due to some issues) and Palak PanPolo . So I thought why not post one which is the most simple among all.This picture was lying in my drafts from a long time.( I have a electric stove top so the dosa colour is not like as on stove top). Sada Dosa which means Simple Dosa.
To go with the Dosa I made Potato bhaji for which recipe is Here As I was making it for dosa I have avoided Jeera. And rest is the same.



Here is what we need:
3 cup rice ( dosa chawal/ Dose Akki/pole tandul)
1 cup split black gram lentil/ Split Urad Dal
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Poha *
oil as required to grease the dosa



Method:
How to make plain/ sada dosa:

  • Soak rice, dal and methi for atleast 4 hours.
  • Soak 1 tbsp poha for atleast 5 minutes.
  • Then grind them to a fine thin(not runny) batter by adding little water.
  • Add salt to it and leave it covered for 10 hours or overnight for fermentation.
  • Now heat a non stick tawa and spread a ladle full of the batter on the whole of the pan in circular motions.
  • Grease all the corners with oil.
  • Serve them hot with  Potato Bhaji or hot sambhar and chutney.



Note:
  • Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa this helps the dosa to come out clean and crisp.
  • Adding Poha is totally optional. I add it as I use mixer grinder and not the stone grinder. If using stone grinder or tilting grinder you can skip this process.
Till Later then,

Happy Cooking,
 

Comments

Sushma Mallya said…
Lovely and crispy just the way I love it :)