Pumpkin and Moong Bean Curry

I love to adore food pictures.... The weekend magazines that we get here have some simple recipes which are eye-catching.... I cut the recipe sheets and stock it for later reference... this was one such recipe which i found simple and easy to make, saying this i have to confess that i am not liking this picture.... I was in a hurry to finish the click as my little kid was about to come and get her hand in this, so I have only clicked one picture and thought I will post it here and not save it as a draft as I do it with many of them ;).
For making Pumpkin and Moongbeans curry, We need:

2 tsp vegetable oil
2 brown onions, finely chopped
3 garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
A piece of cinnamon about 7 cm
3 green chillies, roughly chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 tsp roasted cumin powder
½ tsp turmeric powder(actual recipe calls for 3 tsp of ground turmeric but I did not want to add that much)
500 gm pumpkin, peeled deseeded and cut into 4 cm cubes
300gm whole moong beans
1.3 liters vegetable stock
3 celery stalks
Coriander leaves and vegetable strips to garnish



Method:

Wash the moong beans and cook it until done, do not make it mushy.
Now in a large pan heat oil on a medium heat.
Add in garlic and onion and fry till golden in colour.
Now add mustard seeds when they splutter add in cumin powder, turmeric cinnamon and green chillies and mix well until aromatic.
Add pumpkin and vegetable sotck and simmer for 10 minutes.
Now add in the cooked moong beans and celery and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Switch off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves,
Serve it with hot Basmati rice or white rice.

Note:
In the recipe it says to add moong beans and pumpkin at the same time, I have not done it as I felt the pumpkin would be mushy, so I have cooked moong prior to making curry.

 Happy Cooking,

 


Comments