Fresh Garlic Chutney/ Lehsun ki Chutney - For Chaats

As you all know Chaat is our family favourtie I have spoken about chat love in many posts of mine. Today I am going to share basic chutney which is used in Chaat in Bombay especially for Sev Puri.  I have not seen this chutney being used in Mangalore, but believe me it tastes awesome with this chutney,That is Fresh Garlic Chutney or Lehsun ki Chutney it is very simple and adds flavour to the chaat.
I have adapted Tarla dalal ji’s recipe and have not made any changes.

Ingredients
1 cup garlic (lehsun) cloves, peeled
½ cup chilli powder
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
Method
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste using ½ cup of water.
  2. Use as required or refrigerate in an air-tight container.
  3. Stays good for a week or more if handled well.



This can be used for any kind of chats or even for some side dish which asks garlic paste and chilli powder.
Note:
Here I have not used kashmiri red chili powder if you use that then the chutney will get a bright colour.

Happy Cooking, 


Comments