Ginger & Lime Rasam / Ginger and Lime Soup

I always look out for new recipes that go with rice and this one recipe I got from Divine taste with Anushruti in Youtube. I got so very tempted to try it that I prepared it the very next moment I watched the video. Even my daughter liked the Rasam a lot. Now that means a lot because if she gives a approval then it really means it Did taste Awesome.
Thank you Anushruti for the Awesome Rasam Recipe.  

Serves 4-5
Ingredients:
1/3rd cup split pigeon peas/ toor/tuvar dal
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chili
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp asafetida powder
3 cups water
Salt to taste
Juice of 2 limes (if using big Lemon then juice of one large one is enough)
Method:
Wash the dal well and add it to pressure cooker with 3 cups of water.
Assemble the ginger, pepper, cumin, chili, turmeric and asafetida and grind to a fine paste in a mixie grinder or blender(if you have mortar and pestle you can do it with that).
Add the ground paste to the dal and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles on medium flame or until done.
Turn off the heat, and wait for the pressure to release.
Once the pressure is released mix well with a whisk and add salt and boil for 2 minutes. Now switch off the stove/flame and put in the lime juice and serve hot with Rice, or Serve it as a Soup.

 Note:
I have added only 3 cups of water because I wanted a little thick rasam(the actual recipe used 4 cups of water).
Apart from that I have made no other changes in the recipe.
Happy Cooking,
  



Comments