Achari Kumbh

I love watching food shows, I am sure all foodies do. FoodFood which is a 24*7 food channel and airs all kind of food recipes and I like watching it instead of the draggy daily soaps, this one recipe is from one of the good chef Harpal Singh.
I made it immediately as I had mushrooms readily available, its one awesome recipe without much a fuss. So try it and let me know the outcome.

Ingredients:
Button mushrooms 25-30
Oil 3 tablespoons (check notes)
Asafoetida ¼ teaspoon
Cumin seeds (Jeera) 1 teaspoon
Onion seeds (kalonji) ½ teaspoon
Fennel seeds (saunf) ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) ¼ teaspoon
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tablespoons
Red chilli powder 1 ½ teaspoons
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Black salt (kala namak) ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Cucumber for garnishing a few slices
Lime juice – 1 tbsp (check notes)

Method:
Separate the stems and caps of mushrooms.
Heat oil in a kadai or deep pan. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and sauté on low heat.
Add ginger-garlic paste and mix lightly.
Now add mushroom caps and stems and mix. Cook on medium high heat.
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black salt, salt and mix well.
 Cook till almost dry.
Add lime juice and mix.
Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with cucumber slices. Serve hot.

Aps Notes:
The actual recipe calls for Mustard oil but I was really skeptical about the taste so I have used sunflower oil.
I have used lime juice but you can add vinegar instead.
Happy Cooking,

          




Comments