Pancharatna Dosa

Dosa is a staple breakfast in our house is what I can say! Atleast 3 days in a week or sometimes 4 its dosa at home. I make varieties of dosa’s but I have realized I am not able to click pictures in the morning and later it goes off my mind so my blog has no that many varieties of dosa that I make. Saying this I will surely try to include more Dosa recipes in Aps Kitchen. Today’s recipe is learnt from a Fb friend Vidya akka. Its Pancharatna Dosa, its super crispy and yum. Do try it and let me know how you liked it.
You can try some of the dosa which i made Here
Ingridients needed for Pancharatna Dosa:
1 cup Dosa rice
1 fistful urad dal /black gram dal
1 fistful toor dal/ pigeon pea split
1 fistful moong dal
1 fistful chana dal
1 tbsp fried gram/hurikadale
1 tbsp methi seeds
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting dosa
  

Method:
Add all the dals in one vessel and add enough water and soak dosa rice separately for around 3-4 hours.
Wash and drain the dals and rice.
Once soaked grind the Dals with little water into a fine paste. Keep adding little by little water as required while grinding.
Remove this batter in a large bowl.
Now grind the rice into fine batter adding water little by little.
Add this mixture in the dal batter.
Add salt to this and mix well and ferment for 8-10 hours.
After 8 hours heat the dosa pan. Add a ladle full of batter and spread it in circular motion (you can also make thick soft dosas without spreading the batter too much).
Now add oil (if using) and close the lid for half a minute. Then the dosa starts to turn brown in colour.
Now take out the dosa and serve it with your favourite dip. I have served with Plum chutney for which recipe will follow soon.
So why wait try these crispy dosa and enjoy!

Till then 
Happy Cooking,



Comments