Narayan Katar/Nan Khatai

I had posted a Narayan Katar almost 3 years back. Then I had no enough all purpose flour so had made it with total wheat flour. But I always wanted to try the typical Narayan katar just like my mom made. So here is the recipe for Narayan Katar.

3/4th cup all purpose flour/maida
½   cup powdered Sugar
½ cup ghee (adjust according to the mixture)
¼th tsp baking soda



Method:
Preheat oven at 180 C.
Add powdered sugar and ghee in a bowl nd mix well until creamy
Now add flour and  Mix gently with hands until it comes together.
Keep aside for 3-4 hours.
Later roll it into round lemon sized balls and dab the cookie gently. 
 Bake 15-20 minutes until the narayan katar turns light golden brown in the bottom.
 Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a minute.
 Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Store in a air tight container.
Enjoy making and eating these.
I have even made some chocolate narayan katar, which i will be posting in my coming post.


Note:
You can just add a tbsp extra flour to get a little crunchy Narayan katar.
I like my narayan katar a little less sweet so just give a taste check before you roll it into balls.
There are various versions of Narayan Katar like a little soft texture and a little crunchy ones I like both, however it is the taste is awesome.
Happy Cooking,

Aps

Comments