Boondi Raitha - Deep fried Chickpea balls in spiced yogurt


Boondi has is always a family favorite may it be spicy or sweet. Amma made yummy ones at home and we enjoyed them. Until 25 years I had just eaten boondi, laddoo,sweet boondi ! I tasted boondi raitha only at a friend’s party and completely loved it. Since then I love to eat and make boondi raitha. I’ve got readymade salted boondi for raitha till now(maybe in near future I will start making it too) but this time a friend of mine suggested to get Spicy Boondi as there is no necessity to add any spice later on and that was a brilliant idea.

Here I will write how I make with Raitha with Salted boondi and what to do while we have masala boondi.

Ingredients:
½ cup plain salted boondi (if using masala boondi add only chat masala and very little salt)
1 cup curd/dahi/yogurt
½ cup water
¼ h tsp chaat masala
¼ th tsp red chilli powder.
¼ th tsp roasted jeera powder
salt to taste or Black salt taste

Method:
Whisk the yogurt and water in a bowl. Add the boondi and mix.add all the spice powders, salt. Mix the the raita well.
Serve with Avcado Paratha or Pulao/Pulav of your choice.

Note:
I have used Masala boondi so I haven’t added any spice powder apart from Chat Masala and a very little black salt.
Hope I will make Boondi soon.
Till then Happy Cooking,
Aps 

Comments