Baby Corn Golden Fry / Baby Corn Pakoda

Baby corn is Manya’s(my elder daughters favorite) while my younger daughter enjoys it according to her mood. I keep experimenting on baby corn dishes and this one is a keeper when manya asks me for something deep fried.
Let’s get making Golden Fried Baby Corn or Babycorn Pakoda.


 Ingredients:
For Batter:
Besan/Gram Flour – 1 tablespoons
Corn flour - 2 tablespoons
Rice Flour - 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon / to taste
Chaat Masala – ½ teaspoon
Garam Masala – ¼ th tsp
Salt - to taste
For Deep Frying:
Oil - for deep frying

Method:
Firstly slit baby corns into 4 pieces that it vertically and horizontally. You can even cut the baby corns into 2 pieces.
In a mixing bowl add rice flour, corn flour, besan, garam masala, red chilli powder,salt ,chaat masala and mix well.Add water to form a paste(similar to pakoda batter).
Heat oil in heavy bottomed deep pan.
Dip the baby corns into the batter and make a thin coat of batter on it.
When the oil is hot enough, gently put babycorns into oil and deep fry till they turn golden colour or cooked.
When done transfer these fired baby corns on tissue or kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
Serve hot with or without any dip.
As Manya and I love it as it is I do not serve with any sides
Enjoy making and Eating :)

Aps Notes:
I even make a healthier version of this and that is by making the batter a little more thin and roasting it on Tawa. For this we need to blanch the baby corn first and then dip in the batter and tawa roast.
I have not added ginger garlic paste here as I made it in mid of Navaratri(its even good for satvik guests), you can add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste if you wish to.
Happy Cooking,
Aps

Comments